David Gannaway, MBA, CFE, CVA, CAMS, EA, NTPI
Mr. Gannaway is a member of Bederson’s Litigation Services team. His practice includes forensic accounting, litigation support & tax controversy.
He is a former IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agent with 20 years of experience analyzing complex accounting, financial, income tax, asset forfeiture, money laundering transactions across multiple business sectors including construction, healthcare, entertainment, and professional services.
Since 2007, as a Forensic/Kovel Accountant in private practice, Mr. Gannaway has assisted attorneys defend clients under investigation/indictment for alleged white- collar financial crimes. He also works with counsel in conducting internal corporate investigations by documenting/quantifying financial losses from employee embezzlements, vendor fraud schemes, and misappropriation of company assets.
In civil litigation involving shareholder disputes and business divorces, Mr. Gannaway provides technical expertise to attorneys and their clients by determining economic damages, preparing business valuations, expert witness reports and refuting opposing expert’s computations.
Mr. Gannaway has earned certifications including CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, EA (Enrolled Agent to Practice Before the IRS) and had Top Secret Clearance from 2002-2012.
Mr. Gannaway earned a Masters of Business Administration from Fordham University and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from Bristol College.
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Executive Program, Fordham University
- B.S. Accounting, Bristol College CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist)
- CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst)
- EA (Enrolled Agent to Practice Before the IRS)
- NTPI (National Tax Practice institute Fellow)
- Top Secret Clearance 2002-2012
Litigation Support Expertise
- Expert Witness (Criminal and Civil)
- White Collar Criminal Investigations
- Money Laundering/Asset Forfeiture
- International Corporate Investigations
- Economic Damage Calculations
- Business Valuations
- IRS/STATE Income Tax Controversy
Frequent speaker at industry conferences and thought leader regarding:
- Fraud Schemes (Prevention and Detection)
- Civil/Criminal Income Tax
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Asset Forfeiture
- Money Laundering