Michael Caro, Jr., CPA, CFE, PSA
Michael specializes in accounting, auditing, and tax services for clients in the not-for-profit, HUD multifamily housing, employee benefit plans, and professional service industries. A member of the firm’s quality control department, Michael is a technical reviewer of financial statements and responsible for ensuring engagement quality. He also assists on peer review engagements as a team member.
Working in public accounting for over 15 years, Michael has extensive experience in compilations, reviews and audits, including those performed in accordance with government auditing standards, Uniform Guidance, ERISA, and the requirements for New Jersey private schools for students with disabilities. He works closely with clients to understand their unique business needs and assists them with improving financial reporting and internal controls. Michael also works with clients on tax planning issues and special projects.
A licensed Certified Public Accountant, Michael is also a Public School Accountant in the State of New Jersey, and a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Michael has earned Not-for-Profit I and II Certificates from the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) and CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
Michael earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
He and his family reside in Morris County.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Accounting, Rutgers-the State University of New Jersey
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant in the State of New Jersey)
- PSA (licensed Public School Accountant)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- Not-for-Profit Certificate 1 – AICPA, CMA
- Not-for-Profit Certificate 2 – AICPA, CMA
- Private Schools
- Professional Services
- HUD Multifamily Housing
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Peer Review
- NJCPA (New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants)
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)