James H. Ruitenberg, CPA, CFP® PSA
Based in the firm’s Fairfield office, Jim is a Certified Financial Planner, a Public School Accountant, and a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the States of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida.
He has over 35 years of experience providing privately held manufacturing and distribution companies with auditing, accounting and tax services. Jim also provides auditing and tax services to many nonprofit entities including private schools for children with disabilities, public charities, private foundations, social clubs, service organizations, volunteer associations, art centers and others.
He is also well practiced in working with employee benefit plans and asbestos settlement trusts.
As Chairman of Bederson’s Accounting and Auditing Quality Control Committee, Jim performs peer reviews of other CPA firms and serves as Team Member and Peer Review Team Captain.
As a member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA), Jim has served on the Accounting and Auditing and Scholarship Committee.
He has been an Officer (including President) of the Passaic County Chapter of the NJCPA and was named to it’s “Best 50 Over 50” class of 2013. He was also named to New Jersey CPA Magazine’s 2014 “CPA List” for his contributions to the accounting profession and leadership in the NJCPA.
Jim is a former board member of a New York City research and educational nonprofit dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge of subject matter concerning at-risk populations. He is also active in the Lions Club and served as an elected member of his local Board of Education for eleven years.
Jim earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Susquehanna University.
He and his family reside in Passaic County.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Accounting, Susquehanna University
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant in the States of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida)
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
- PSA (licensed Public School Accountant)
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Personal Injury Settlement Trusts
- Business Advisory
- Peer Review
- NJCPA (New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants) – Peer Review Executive Committee, former president, Passaic County Chapter
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- “CPA List”- for contributions to the accounting profession and leadership in NJCPA
- NJCPA’s “50 Over 50” List – for outstanding contribution to the profession