Edward P. Bond, CPA, CFE, CIRA
Ed Bond has played a significant role in Bederson’s success for more than 40 years. In addition to serving as Managing Partner and Chairman, Mr. Bond established the firm’s litigation services division over 30 years ago. Since that time, he has been involved with hundreds of bankruptcy cases.
He has served many roles during his tenure. Some of which include: court-appointed mediator, responsible person, receiver, umpire, fiscal agent, arbitrator and has acted (along with Bederson) as the bankruptcy and financial consultant to the Futures Representatives in the asbestos bankruptcies of G-1 Holdings, Federal-Mogul, NARCO, A.P. Green (Global Industrial Technologies, Inc.), and AcandS.
Mr. Bond served as the Future Claimants’ representative in State Insulation Corp’s asbestos-related bankruptcy. He was appointed independent managing director in the Oak Rock Financial bankruptcy matter and was appointed CRO for EZ Mailing Services, Inc. He was also appointed to the board of directors of the newly reorganized (Chapter 11) Pittsburgh Corning Corporation and Pittsburgh Corning Europe.
He has acted as Trustee for numerous matters including the successful Chapter 11 reorganization of Dr. Madis Laboratories (100% cash plus interest to all creditors – secured and unsecured).
Mr. Bond is included in the Register of Mediators of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey. He has also served as president of the New Jersey State Board of Accountancy.
A member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Mr. Bond is a licensed Certified Insolvency and Reorganization Advisor (CIRA) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Among Mr. Bond’s many awards is a 2020 NJBIZ Icon Award. The following year, he had the pleasure of serving as a judge for the 2021 Icon Awards.
He attended New York University and was named to the Dean’s List. Mr. Bond earned a B.S. degree in Accounting from Seton Hall University.
He and his family reside in Morris County.
Education & Certifications
- New York University
- B.S. Accounting, Seton Hall University – Dean’s List
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CIRA (Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
Fiduciary Services | Forensic accounting | Insolvency and reorganization | Litigation Services | Turnaround consulting
Board of Directors Membership
Daughters of Israel | Dots, LLC, retail stores | Big M (Mandee and Annie Sez) | East Orange General Hospital (Executive Committee, Treasurer) | Federal Mogul | Love Culture | Maplewood Country Club | Mountain Creek Resorts | Munire Furniture | Oak Rock Financial Services | Pittsburgh Corning Corporation | Pittsburgh Corning Europe | PSL Limited| Short Bark Industries | The Scholarship Fund for Inner-City Children (Chairman, Audit Committee)
Bankruptcy and Financial Consultant to the Futures Representative
A.P Green (Global Industrial Technologies, Inc.) | AcandS | Federal-Mogul | G-1 Holdings | NARCO | Pittsburgh Corning
Liquidating Trustee or Accountants to the Liquidating Trustee - NY/NJ/DE
RAMS|FEI | PSL | PNG Ventures | CMDL Corporation Liquidating Trust | Maxide/DMX Creditors Liquidation Trust | Mal Dunn Liquidation Trust | Marcal Paper Claims and D&O Liquidating Trusts | Passaic Beth Israel Hospital Liquidating Trust | PT1 Communications, Inc.
Fiduciary and other Appointments
- Independent Director – MRPC Christiana LLC
- Independent Director – Voyager Learning
- Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
- CRO & Plan Administrator for EZ Mailing Services, Inc. et als
- Future Claimant’s Representative- State Insulation Corp bankruptcy
- Independent Managing Director, Oak Rock Financial bankruptcy
- Registrar of Mediators of the United States Bankruptcy Court
- NJCPA (New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants)
- ABI (American Bankruptcy Institute)
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- NABT (National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees)
- AIRA (Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors)
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- NJBIZ Icon Award-2020
- Lifetime Leadership Award – Global TMA’s 10th Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards -2018
- Global M&A Network’s Restructuring & Turnaround’s 5th Annual Top 100 A-List – 2017
- PAL Boys’ Club – Outstanding Young Man of America
- The Valerie Fund -2013 Thanksgiving Ball Honoree