Charles S. Lunden, CPA/CFF, ABV, CFE, CMA, CLU, FLMI, CGMA
Chuck is responsible for forensic accounting and economic consulting at Bederson. He has provided expert testimony in more than 115 cases and routinely provides consultations on damage measurement, personal injury and wrongful death studies, business valuations, and accountants’ malpractice.
Chuck has extensive expertise in bankruptcy and reorganizations, fraud investigations, insurance disputes, healthcare fraud and abuse, as well as measuring damages for new and unestablished businesses. He also has experience in intellectual property disputes, construction delay damage cases, merger and acquisition disputes, lender liability issues and employment disputes.
Chuck’s professional credentials include: CPA (Certified Public Accountant) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Past Chairman, Forensic and Litigation services committee; Member, Valuation Committee, Committee on Fiscal Responsibility, and Executive Committee, Philadelphia Chapter); CMA (Certified Management Accountant); CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter); FLMI (Fellow of the Life Management Institute); CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner); ABV (Accredited in Business Valuations); CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant); CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics); and Member of the Editorial Board of the National Litigation Consultants’ Review.
He has authored dozens of scholarly articles for publications including: PICPA Journal, NJCPA Magazine, National Litigation Consultants’ Review, The Value Examiner, NJBIZ, Commerce Magazine and more. He is a frequent conference speaker and has presented to organizations including PICPA, AGN, AIRA, Eastern Association of County Auditors and Controllers, Single County Authority Fiscal Officers Associations and the Montgomery County Bar Association.
Chuck has a B.S. in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business. He graduated with honors and is a member of the Beta Alpha Psi, the Accounting Major’s Honor Society.
Chuck and his family reside in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. Economics, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business – with honors
- Beta Alpha Psi, Accounting Honor Society
- CPA/CFF (Certified Public Accountant/Certified in Financial Forensics)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- ABV (Accredited in Business Valuations)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant)
- CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter)
- FLMI (Fellow, Life Management Institute)
- Business Valuation and Testimony
- Insolvency and Reorganization
- Forensic Accounting
- Turnaround Consulting
- Litigation Services
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- PICPA (Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
- Past Chairman, Forensic and Litigation Services Committee
- Member, Valuation Committee, Committee on Fiscal Responsibility
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- Editorial Board, National Litigation Consultants’ Review
Select Articles, Presentations & Publication Interviews
Valuing Entities with Complex Capital Structures
New Jersey CPA Society, November 2014 Issue
Discounting Future Damages
Pennsylvania CPA Journal, Fall 2013
To Cite or Not to Cite, Techniques for Reports in Federal Estate Reports
NACVA Quick Read Website, November 2012
Discounts on Embedded Capital Gains for Real Estate
New Jersey CPA Society, September 2011 Issue
Theoretical Considerations from a Practical Valuator
National Litigation Consultants’ Review, October 2010 Issue
Down But Not Out, Valuation Adjustments to IPO Studies
The Value Examiner July 2009
Damages Case Law Update
National Litigation Consultant’ Review, February 2009 Issue
Fair Value Accounting and the SEC Roundtable- Search for the Holy Grail
NJBIZ Accounting Spotlight, July 27, 2008
Owner’s Compensation, S Corps and Economic Damages
National Litigation Consultants’ Review, March 2007 Issue
The Discounting of Future Economic Damages, at What Rate?
National Litigation Consultants’ Review, March 2004 Issue