On Saturday, March 21, Governor Murphy announced a Statewide Stay at Home Order which includes the closing of non-essential businesses. On Sunday, March 22, Accounting Firms were added to the essential businesses list, with significant caveats.
In the best interest of our staff, clients and associates, our firm intends to comply with the spirit of the Governor’s mandate, and operate remotely.
Although our physical offices are closed, our hours of operation remain the same, as does our commitment to providing seamless client service. Now, more than ever, providing data to us virtually through ShareFile is the safest and most efficient method of transfer. We strongly encourage our clients to send documentation through ShareFile for the foreseeable future.
As we continue to monitor the situation and consider guidance from health organizations, state, and local officials, we will remain in close communication with our clients, providing any and all updates.
Moving forward together, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are with you- and are at your service.
Timely Updates and Resources
Below are links to tax updates, business news and resources relating to COVID-19. Please contact your Bederson tax professional with any questions. We are pleased to help and look forward to assisting you.
- Tax-related provisions in the CARES Act (Updated March 31) – Click here
- New Jersey income tax filing deadline and corporation business tax filing deadline extended to July 15. State fiscal year moved to September 30 (April 1) – Click here
- Update on New Jersey Tax Filing Extension Questions (April 6) – Click here
- Federal tax deadlines for corporate filers and individuals extended to July 15 (Updated March 23) – Click here
- IRS- Filing and Payment Deadlines, 24 Questions and Answers – Click here
- IRS – Economic Impact Payments: What you need to know (updated April 2) – Click here
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief (updated April 6) – Click here
- IRS unveils new People First Initiative; COVID-19 effort temporarily adjusts, suspends compliance program (updated March 31) – Click here
- NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Loan Program opens April 13 at 9AM (Updated April 5) – Click here
- SBA Coronavirus Economic Relief Options including Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance (EIDL), SBA Express Bridge Loans, SBA Debt Relief (updated April 3)
- NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program (updated April 3) – Click here
- Federal and New Jersey tax deadlines for corporate filers and individuals extended to July 15 (April 1) – Click here
- Update on questions relating to New Jersey Tax Filing Extension (April 6) – Click here
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – Q&A (updated March 30): – Click here
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act- What Small Businesses Need to Know – Click here
- SBA Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources – Click here
- Governor Murphy Announces Statewide Stay at Home Order, Closure of All Non-Essential Retail Businesses (updated March 24) – Click here